Future Energy begins the process by working with you to determine:
- A situational analysis of your current fleet system, costs, carbon footprint evaluation, etc.
- Which fleet fuel solution will yield you the fastest ROI, most efficiency and cost effectiveness
- What type of infrastructure will be implemented to support your CNG fleet fuel solution
- How to approach construction and project management
- Available tax credits and grants available to help offset your conversion and start-up costs
- How Future Energy solutions can assist you with vehicle and/or station financing so that your capital investment and legal risk is minimized
Making the Switch – Moving Forward The engineers and analysts on the Future Energy team can work with you to determine the most efficient path to instituting and maintaining a natural gas or other clean energy based fleet management system. Whether you choose to convert your existing vehicles or are interested in adding new CNG-ready vehicles to your inventory, you can be sure that our thorough approach and our shared passion for making more sustainable corporate decisions will benefit you financially and environmentally.
Types of Conversion Systems available:
- Dedicated Conversion – Vehicle runs solely on compressed natural gas.
- Bi-Fuel Conversion – Vehicle runs on either compressed natural gas or gasoline, one fuel at a time. By default, the vehicle will run on natural gas until it runs out; then it will switch by itself to gasoline mode until more natural gas is fueled into the vehicle. The user has the option to change between gasoline and natural gas with the simple push of a button, if desired.
- Dual Fuel Conversion – Vehicle runs on a combination of compressed natural gas and diesel. During vehicle operation, the system provides and controls the injection of natural gas and diesel in varying degrees based on engine operating output demand.
Some customers may prefer Bi-Fuel or Dual Fuel applications to extend the range of their fleet vehicles in areas where compressed natural gas infrastructures are not readily available.
Fleet Expansion with a Cleaner Footprint – Increased Infrastructure, Increased Efficiency Future Energy and its clients realize the importance of instituting new programs and new resources for future fleet fueling options. The primary challenge that we face as an industry is providing the infrastructure nationally to effectively supply natural gas fleet vehicles. While natural gas vehicles are much more widely used in other international locations, the US and Canada have yet to reach the level of natural gas used in the global market. Future Energy seeks to be on the leading edge when it comes to increasing the availability and convenience of natural gas refueling stations. As we continue to assist our clients in establishing the conversion of their fleet vehicles, we will simultaneously be adding to the infrastructure.
Whether your fleet requirements include the construction and use of your own privately operated natural gas fueling station, or you seek to partner with us to join our network of natural gas providers, you help propagate the expansion of this clean, efficient, ultimately cost effective resource.
Future Energy – A Team Approach to Funding Efficiency
While the initial expense of conversion can be quite costly, the long-term efficiency along with the reduction in emissions and availability of natural gas as a resource make it a naturally sound choice for your fleet vehicles. Consider the following:
- Natural Gas savings are estimated at $1.25 to $2 per equivalent gallon of diesel fuel or gasoline
- Future Energy can consult with you for a full analysis of your conversion costs and recovery times for your initial investment – typically this ranges from two to four years
- If the life of your fleet vehicles runs in the neighborhood of eight to ten years, you can see that ultimately the clean-burning natural gas will yield significant savings for your company for six to eight years
Future Energy wants to support you as you make this environmentally responsible choice for your corporate transportation and field vehicles. We can work with you individually to help support the financial backing of your new natural gas solution.